Friday, April 8, 2016

2016 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long

I had pretty good success finishing my list of projects for the first quarter of 2016, so made up a new list for the second quarter:
My only carry-over from the first quarter--Memory Bouquet.
It's been loaded on my quilting machine almost a week and hasn't been touched since, so we'll see...

This little wall hanging kit has been waiting to be made for years! Maybe it's because the log cabin blocks are paper pieced--not my favorite technique.

The background muslin is missing from the kit, so I am searching my stash for some light prints that will work with the other fabrics in the kit.

Since I had this piece of fabric out to make my Quilt in a Cup, I decided it's about time to use the rest of it. I'm not sure, but I may have bought this to make a pillowcase--so that's what I'm going to do!

I found a fun dot and an accent fabric in my stash that I think will work out.

Months ago, I bought a huge chunk of clear vinyl and some fun colored zippers, intending to make some project bags. They've been taking up space on my cutting table for long enough! And I really need something to hold all those sew along blocks I've succumbed to! 

I finished my Devil's Claw blocks at the last retreat I attended--they haven't been touched since. I'm taking them along to a retreat later this month and my goal there is to get them made into a top...and maybe even quilt it when I get back! 

My Fractured blocks will be going to the retreat also.
 I still have lots more to make before they can become a top, but they are super fun to sew, so it could happen?!?

I started hand quilting this little top, and that's why it's still unfinished.
I realize now that with the arthritis in my wrists, I just can't enjoy quilting by hand anymore. So, even though I'm loath to do it, it's going to be finished by machine. Done is good! 

Lastly, I really want to get my wooly hexagons out of this bin and put them together into a quilt!
Wish me luck!

Linking with 2016 Finish-A-Long HERE
2016 button 250 best

10 comments:

  1. Fun projects for your next goals! Your red and white embroidery quilt is so lovely. It might give me fits about what to quilt on it but probably an off white meander would blend in well and leave the blocks to still be the showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things I like here--looking forward to seeing you meet these goals. I really love the little patriotic table topper, and the devil's claw blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful projects you have lined up to finish Karen! Good luck with getting them done! Have a lovely weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Applause! You have some great projects lined up. Can't wait to see the finished photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list looks fun and long! You have some great projects to work on, but don't be hard on yourself. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Devil's Claw blocks will make a good quilt. I look forward to seeing what you do with them this quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with done is good--i can no longer quilt by hand either--"arther-itis" has come to stay...beautiful projects you have lined up...i like those fractal blocks a lot...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. These fun projects will keep you busy. You're so good at listing goals and getting them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very ambitious list... though you will succeed! :-) I like the bottom fabric for the backing of the patriotic wall hanging. Even though it's freezing this morning... Summer and parades will soon be here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving Devil's claws and Fractured looks interesting

    ReplyDelete