Sunday, September 13, 2015

Whoo--Hoo!

Once I decided on a quilting plan, I couldn't stop until I had my September UFO finished! 
I'll have better photos later, but I'm so happy to have the majority of the finishing process completed.
The plan for today is to get the binding made and attached so I can do hand stitching (Slow Sunday Stitching!) this evening.

I've basted enough hexagons for one of the full stars for Stars in the Garden

I laid them out face down on my ironing board and covered them with a square of freezer paper (shiny side down) and then pressed them to the paper. I think I will do this for the other four stars. It will make it easier to rearrange colors, if needed, before constructing the stars. It may make it easier for "take along sewing" too--we'll see! 
Linking with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

8 comments:

  1. I always find sewing on binding to be a peaceful pursuit - enjoy!
    Pressing those hexies onto freezer paper is an excellent idea. It would be even more helpful in keeping track of one of those millefiori projects, with all the fussy-cut triangles, diamonds, and hexies. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binding is one of my favorite parts of the quilting process. Your hexies are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy sewing on the binding. Very relaxing and definitely the final stage of finishing a quilt. Your quilt is pretty and the colors/fabrics are perfect. I like your your hexie star. I'm looking into what I'll need to start an EPP project. Ha, just what I need, another project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! A finish in sight! And I love the idea of ironing those hexies to a piece of freezer paper! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mitered corners are amazing! Love your hexies too. You are inspiring me to get get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent mitered corner! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Very clever technique with the hexie star. Love all of the gold in that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspired use of freezer paper, great tip that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kind of colors in the star quilt. Well, I don't know if you consider it a star design but seems like it would be.

    ReplyDelete