Saturday, August 29, 2015

August: Mission Accomplished!

Last night I put the final stitches in the binding of Sophie's Garden....
(if you go to the above link, and scroll down a bit, you can see how Pam quilted her blocks)
It was a little overcast this morning when I took this photo, but I think the colors are showing up pretty true. 

In the quilting, I used several leaf vines because of the garden theme of the quilt.
I stippled around a few of the applique blocks...

...and some I echoed. I did a few "worms" and paisley fills also. 
This is my new favorite--bump, bump, bump, swirl!
Well, I tried to do it the way it was shown in this video, but my brain works in mysterious ways and this is the design I ended up with on my quilt.

I liked it so much, I used it in the border too.
I really like the bias plaid binding--my friend Val's idea.  
I was pretty nervous about quilting Sophie's Garden, but once I got into it, it was a lot of fun--and I finished with two days to spare--yay!!!
Linking with A Lovely Year of Finishes HERE
and WIP's Be Gone HERE
 WIPs Be GoneMy Button

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful...colors, piecing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there is soooo much fun going on in that quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And another absolutely stunning finished quilt--I love the colors in this, Karen...just lovely...congratulations...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!!! Your colors in this quilt are just show-stopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! A really lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely, well done on all the different quilting to compliment the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love quilts with applique and piecing and your Sophie's Garden is a stunning one. Congrats on your quilting - so appropriate for the quilt. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I LOVE THIS!! The pattern, the colors, and your quilting is amazing! Great job, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunner..... just beautiful, and you should enter it in a contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, gorgeous, fantastic ! love it.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think overcast days are the absolute best for picture taking. The quilt looks amazing. I just love the colours you've use and the quilting was the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!! πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen your finished quilt is beautiful! I love all your beautiful quilting! Just fabulous! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilting added another layer of gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very nice. I like the blues in this quilt. You can be very proud of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete