Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Just Another Woolie Wednesday

Wow--the month is almost over and I have done almost NO stitching on my Stitch Society hexagons! 
I felt I should at least do the monthly project, so I used one of the sampler hexies as my centerpiece. The pillow pattern showed how to add the 60 degree triangles to create a star. the pattern also has a ruffled edge made from wool, but I chose not to do that (because I'm lazy, but mostly because I abhor ruffles!). My triangles looked a little bare, so I stitched in some little paisleys I made up--just the shape with a little flower.

The pillow is very practical too.
It's supposed to be used on the lap as support while stitching. I have several friends that use a pillow for this purpose. I'm determined to try to get used to it. It does work great when working Colonial knots

I'm so glad we are winding down on the Sunflower Gatherings Summer Block of the Week!
It's been pretty stressful trying to keep up with this project during a busy summer.
I hope I remember that next year!!

I changed this one up a bit....
...subbed Colonial Knots for the stars in the centers of the little blue flowers.

This is the last block of the summer--yay!
But once this is all stitched down, I have a lot of piecing to do!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little pillow and love your Sunflower a Gatherings blocks as always - you've done a great job to keep up with something that's once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks Karen--after seeing your Blue and Gray quilt I HAD (lol) to send for the book--yikes--I want to make ALL of those quilts--this has got to be one of my favorite pattern books of all time!! On your Blue and gray--did you size up the nine patches?? Hugs, Smitten Julierose

    ReplyDelete