Saturday, March 22, 2014

Challenges!

Since I was finally able to install my Electric Quilt 7 program on my new laptop (learning Windows 8 has been a huge challenge!), it seemed like it would be fun to design something for the Red and White Quilt Challenge  hosted by SewCalGal.
red and white quilt show - Design It
Read about and see other quilt designs HERE
I wanted to design something that would use my newest Accuquilt die, the Drunkard's Path (I was forced compelled to add it to my cart so I would qualify for free shipping).

 This is what I came up with:
I call it Moon Phase! 

The finished size will be 58" x 65" (16 by 18 3.5" blocks for a total of 288). It looks like I will need 3 5/8 yards of white fabric and 1 7/8 yards of red. That will be perfect since I have a yummy 2 yard pack of Cherrywood Scarlet that I have been saving for a red and white quilt! I'm going to have to measure up some of my white pieces--hopefully I can work from my stash!

Visit Insights from SewCalGal to keep up with the Red and White happenings!

3 comments:

  1. Great design! I'm already doing Temecula's Fussy Friday and the Civil War BOM, plus my regular sewing, but a red and white quilt is on my list of to do's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design - love it. I have been wanting to do a red and white quilt also. I am also trying to learn Windows 8 - yes a challenge. And, I have been drooling over Electric Quilt. Would so love to have it. You put out a pattern really quick - is it easy to learn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! With the Go to cut with this should sew up really well :-)

    ReplyDelete