Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Design Wall Wednesday!

Just a quick shot of the design wall--not much progress this last week!
Blue baskets are for this month's Schnibbles project: Canasta.
I had a crazy busy week starting with quilt guild last Monday. We had our annual potluck--lots of wonderful yummy dishes to sample and I won one of the door prizes--yay!
On Tuesday, my friend Sandi and I attended a great gardening lecture on the Art of Kitchen Gardens.
I have so many ideas now for next year. 
If I could keep these evil creatures out of my gardens, I would be a happy camper. 
We also did part of the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop and made it to four of the eight shops in the Upper Mid-MN section.
On Thursday we finished up the shop hop section with the last four shops and were lucky enough to get our bonus "Notion Commotion" zippered bags filled with sewing notions. There had been so many "finishers" in our section, that most of the shops had run out of the bags. Luckily one of the shops on our way home still had a few and held 2 of them for us!

This Monday was our August Stitch Therapy meeting. Enjoy the photos! 
I think this was Linda's block.
She originally was using a dark teal floss but was unhappy with it and started all over with black floss.
 I can't wait to see it after the Tranfer-Eze is washed away! 

The crayon tinting just gets more cute every month! 

These are some of the tinted blocks set together in sections

Sandi is working on these blocks from a Crabapple Hill pattern.

Sandi (left) and Sandy (right) hold up a raffle quilt Sandi made--gorgeous! 
 More cute blocks:






Brenda is adding some machine embroidered blocks to her quilt like the word Peace on the upper left.
I have a lot more from the class to share, and will be doing it later this week!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute blocks! Love that crayon tinting look a whole lot hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete