Friday, April 19, 2013

Scallop Borders Continued!


Continuing the topic of scallop borders from my previous post, I should have shown this option:

Another super easy way to get a scalloped border is to quilt one!
I used my sets of swag rulers from Handiquilter

I wanted to use this stripe for the binding, but
only had fat quarters, so I did a lot of piecing.

We finally had a little sunshine to show off the quilting!
 Temecula Anniversary Row Quilt 
I loaded this on my machine a while back but didn't have time to quilt it right away. When I realized retreat time was coming up and I needed a quilt to donate to the facilities fund raising auction, 
I had to get to work!  I planned to donate my Scrappy Trip Around the World top, so I managed to get the Row quilt done with some freehand and ruler work in order to be able to load the Trip quilt.
Yay! The Trip quilt is quilted and bound. I used an all over panto design. 

Grandmother's Choice Block 33: Contrary Husband
(we all know about those!)
I may not get to post Stitch Therapy photos until after retreat, but I had to show you Jeanne's antique quilt she brought to show us--beautifully quilted by Rebecca Anakala!





2 comments:

  1. Your swag border quilting is really pretty. I love this quilt--and the binding is perfect. Lovely work...have a safe and wonderful weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on your Temecula row quilt! What a fun idea to do scallops. I was out all day today on a shop hop and found more Minick and Simpson fabric for the border of mine. It has been there with borders that I had in my stash but didn't "love." Now maybe I will like these better and can get it finished!

    ReplyDelete