Monday, April 8, 2013

I Should Have Bought a Lottery Ticket!


On Saturday, this little box was delivered by UPS.

Hmmm...I wasn't expecting something that would come packaged like this and Mr. Moosebay even agreed it couldn't be fabric.

Oh... but it WAS!!
Four generous one yard cuts of Kim Diehl fabric from Henry Glass fabrics!
I won them in a drawing on the Henry Glass  blog.

It was a surprise, as they said they would send something from the warehouse
 but nothing specific. 
I'll be adding them to my little stash of Kim's fabrics..
I definitely need more blues!
I LOVE the orange print--I need more of that one.
I had it in blue too, but used it up. 
I see a scrappy quilt in my future from one of these books

I also won this pattern last week at the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle meeting!

Sandi Baker drew my name--thanks Sandi!!
I'm thinking this would look sharp in blue--the  pink isn't doing it for me.

The pattern is signed on the back by Pam Buda
our Prairie Women's Sewing Circle author. 















6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great surprise, four whole yards of fabric you already wanted. You've got quite a collection of Kim Diehl books, it's going to be hard to pick just one quilt. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen you are on a roll!! Good for you--congratulations on your yummy wins! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky! I've won one thing on a blog, although I enter often. Those fabrics are just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Soldier's Wife quilt. A good star design. The contrast between the light sections and dark make a nice secondary design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fabrics!!!! I love Kim Diehl! I won during their giveaway also but haven't received it yet. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky for sure! What fun fabric from Kim D. It is just beautiful and so yummy looking. I love that pattern from Pam too! So sweet of her to have signed it! Woo hoo! Lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete