Saturday, March 23, 2013

March Madness/Show and Tell

I'm not a sports fan in any way, shape or form, but I have to brag on my niece Brooke a little bit. She is on the cover of Sports Illustrated this week. She's a member of the Kansas University Rock Chalk Dancers.
My niece Brooke is directly under the P in Sports!

Check out the Kansas U dance roster. If you watch the slide show on the left hand of the Rock Chalk page, sooner or later Brooke will come up doing a leap(maybe there is a special name for that form of contortion?).  Oh, to be young and flexible again....

Okay, back to our regular programming:
Here are the photos I promised from Monday's Stitch Therapy meeting. 

This little bird nest was redrawn so the little bird doesn't fall out of the nest.
(see the abandoned embroidery on the right)
When she gets bored, she starts a different block!
I really like the way this charcoal embroidery looks. 
I had to share this cute little quilt that Jeanne made for Jean
using the hexie flower we learned to do last year in Stitch Therapy--adorable!

Cute little button embellishments!
Lots of progress here!
The French General fabric is perfect.
Lots of shading with the variegated red floss.
Ellie was doing some tracing onto a really pretty background.
I think the tinting makes this version look so vintage!
So cute!
Touches of other colors here too.
Merrily brought this cube quilt she made for a gift--awesome!
Her husband will be quilting it.


2 comments:

  1. All those embroidery blocks are just so charming!! I really like that charcoal, too--different. Have fun stitching...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stitching !!!! I like the one with the bird nest and that rabbit in the picture with his carrots !!!

    ReplyDelete